Sat, Oct 16|
California Dental Educators
8-hour Infection Control
Time & Location
Oct 16, 2021, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
California Dental Educators, 3400 Douglas Blvd, Roseville, CA, USA
About the Event
We are a California Dental Board approved provider for the 8 Hour Infection Control Certification Course. This course meets all requirements to achieve the 8 Hour Infection Control Certification. This course is suitable for dental assistants, sterilization techs, front office staff, and RDA applicants as well as out of state dental assistants looking to acquire their California RDA license. The program outline for the 8 Hour Infection Control Certification Course includes 4 hours of online didactic instruction and 4 hours of lab and simulated lab instruction. Once the course has been completed and all competencies have been met, participants will receive a certificate in the 8 Hour Infection Control Course. We are dedicated to providing top notch training from experienced instructors within the pediatric and adult RDA fields. Instructors are carefully selected for their unparalleled commitment to maintaining a current curriculum in line with the Dental Board of California, demonstrated leadership skills, 10+ years of experience in the dental community, and dedication to the education and advancement of each student.
1. Current CPR for healthcare providers issued by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association
1. Written exam for the 8 Hour Infection Control must be completed with a passing score.
2. Two practice competencies in lab.
3. One passed final competency in the simulated lab.
CDC guidelines indicate that each student will need approximately the following PPE for the course:
- 3 disposable face masks, level 2 or higher
- 24 pairs of medical grade examination gloves appropriately fitted
- 1 disposable isolation gown or long sleeved, knee length disposable lab jacket
- Safety goggles or glasses with side shields
- Face Shield (optional)
- Must wear scrubs and closed toe shoes
We are offering personalized PPE packs for students at an additional fee. For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
October 16, 2021