Coronal Polish $425
This course meets all California Dental Board requirements to receive your Coronal Polish Certification through California Dental Educators.
Time & Location
Feb 17, 2024, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM PST
Smile Island Pediatric and Adult Dental, 6522 Lonetree Blvd, Rocklin, CA 95765, USA
About the Event
We are a California Dental Board-approved provider for the coronal polish certification. This course meets all requirements to achieve the Coronal Polish certification for dental assistants looking to take their RDA exam, as well as out-of-state dental assistants looking to acquire their California RDA license. You must be an RDA to perform coronal polish procedures, however, the coronal polish certificate must be obtained to apply for your RDA exam. Prerequisites for the course must be obtained before admittance to the course.
The program outline for coronal polish includes 4 hours of didactic instruction via Zoom or self-study, 4 hours of laboratory instruction, and 4 hours of clinical experience with your patients at our Rocklin location. The didactic portion includes criteria for a coronal polish, principles of plaque and stain formation, coronal polishing materials, and techniques for polishing adults, children, appliances, and orthodontic patients. A written review and exam will be given on the day of the lab. The laboratory portion includes infection control review, operatory and material setup, and coronal polish practice on typodonts. During the clinical patient portion of the lab, you will have three of your patients come in at specified times of the course date to perform a coronal polish on. Once the course has been completed and all competencies have been met, participants will receive a certificate in coronal polish.
We are dedicated to providing top-notch training from experienced instructors within the pediatric and adult RDA fields. Instructors are carefully selected for their unparalleled commitment to maintaining a current curriculum in line with the Dental Board of California, demonstrated leadership skills, 20+ years of experience teaching in the dental community, and dedication to the education and advancement of each student.
1. Current CPR/BLS for healthcare providers issued by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
2. 8-Hours Infection Control Certificate (2-hour certificate is not sufficient) Must not have expired within five years.
3. 2-Hour Dental Practice Act Certificate. Must not have expired within five years.
1. Written exam for coronal polish must be completed with a passing score of 75%
2. 3 clinical patients with 2 being a passing score on your clinical patients.
CDC guidelines indicate that each student will need approximately the following PPE for the course:
- 4 disposable face masks, level 2 or higher
- ½ box of medical-grade examination gloves appropriately fitted
- 1 disposable isolation gown or 1 long-sleeved lab jacket
- Safety goggles or glasses with side shields
- Face Shield (optional)
If you do not have access to PPE, you can order a kit here at https://www.cadentaleducators.com/submit-prerequisites