Fri, Oct 07|
California Dental Educators
Coronal Polish Course
This course meets all requirements to achieve the coronal polish certification. This course is for dental assistants that are ready to take their RDA exam, as well as out-of-state dental assistants that are looking for all prerequisites to acquire their California RDA.
Time & Location
Oct 07, 2022, 5:00 PM PDT – Oct 08, 2022, 6:00 PM PDT
California Dental Educators, 6522 Lonetree Blvd, Rocklin, CA 95765, USA
About the Event
We are a California Dental Board approved provider for the coronal polish certification. This course meets all requirements to achieve the coronal polish certification for dental assistants looking to take their RDA exam, as well as out-of-state dental assistants looking to acquire their California RDA license. You must be an RDA to perform coronal polish procedures in office, however, the coronal polish certificate must be obtained just before you apply for you apply for your RDA exam. The program outline for coronal polish includes 4 hours of didactic (lecture) instruction or self-study, 4 hours of clinical-laboratory instruction, and 4 hours of clinical experience with patients. Our course is designed to provide the participant with their Coronal Polish Certificate at the end of Saturdays class, once all competencies have been met.
The didactic portion includes criteria for a coronal polish, principles of plaque and stain formation, coronal polishing materials, technique for polishing adults, children, appliances, and orthodontic patients. A written review and exam will be given on the day of the pre-clinical. The laboratory portion includes infection control review, operatory and material set up, and coronal polish practice on typodonts. During the clinical patient portion of the lab, you will have three of your patients come in at specified times of the course date to perform a coronal polish on. Once the course has been completed and all competencies have been met, participants will receive a certificate in coronal polish. We are dedicated to providing top-notch training from experienced instructors within the pediatric and adult RDA fields. Instructors are carefully selected for their unparalleled commitment to maintaining a current curriculum in line with the Dental Board of California, demonstrated leadership skills, 10+ years of experience in the dental community, and dedication to the education and advancement of each student.
- Current CPR for healthcare providers issued by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association(no online)
- 8-Hour infection control certificate
- 2-hour Dental Practice Act certificate
- 3 clinical patients with no visible calculus
- Completion of infection control worksheet in preclinical portion of class
- Written exam for coronal polish must be completed with a passing score of 75% or above
- 3 separate clinical experiences of coronal polish patients, with 2 of those being passing scores of 75% or better on your clinical patients.
CDC guidelines indicate that each student will need approximately the following PPE for the course:
- 4 disposable face masks, level 2 or higher
- 20 pair of medical-grade examination gloves appropriately fitted
- 1 lab coat or two long-sleeved, knee-length disposable lab jackets
- Safety goggles or glasses with side shields
- Face Shield (optional)
We are offering personalized PPE packs for students at an additional fee. To purchase a kit go to the home page, on the upper right corner click "more", click "PPE kits" fill out form and pay. Your kit will be waiting for you at the pre-clinical location. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
Coronal Polish Course