Tue, Jun 07|
California Dental Educators
Dental x-ray Certification (Radiation Safety)
June 7, 2022 - June 12, 2022
Time & Location
Jun 07, 2022, 5:30 PM – Jun 12, 2022, 6:00 PM
California Dental Educators, 6522 Lonetree Blvd, Rocklin, CA 95765, USA
About the Event
We are a California Dental Board approved provider for the Radiation Safety Certification Course. This course meets all requirements to achieve the Radiation Safety Certification and is suitable for any member of the dental community; as it benefits dental assistants, sterilization techs, front office staff, and out of state dental assistants looking to acquire their California RDA license. The program outline for Radiation Safety includes 8 hours of didactic (lecture) instruction, 12 hours of clinical instruction, and 12 hours of clinical experience with patients. The didactic portion includes anatomical landmarks related to dental radiology, radiology basics, infection control, radiology equipment, film mounting and interpretation basics, and technique basics. A written exam will be given at the conclusion of the didactic portion. The clinical portion includes infection control, exposure of bitewing, periapical, bisecting and paralleling technique as well as processing films, and digital imaging. At California Dental Educators we use the hand held NOMAD for exposure of x-rays. For clinical practice you will expose two sets of 4 bitewings and three sets of 18 full mouth series on a practice manikin. During the clinical patient portion you will bring in four patients at specified times of the course dates. Your patient criteria must meet requirements of no full mouth series, panoramic or cephalometric x-rays in the past year and all patients must have a written permission from a licensed dentist. Once the course has been completed and all competencies have been met, participants will receive a certificate which allows them to perform all dental radiographic techniques. We are dedicated to providing top notch training from experienced instructors within the pediatric and adult RDA fields. Instructors are carefully selected for their unparalleled commitment to maintaining a current curriculum in line with the Dental Board of California, demonstrated leadership skills, 10+ years of experience in the dental community, and dedication to the education and advancement of each student.
1. Current CPR for healthcare providers issued by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association
2. Completion of 8 hour Infection Control and 2 hour Dental Practice Act prior to clinical patients
1. Written exam for Radiation Safety must be completed with a passing score.
2. Two sets of 4 bitewings must be completed using the provided practice manikins.
3. Three sets of 18 full mouth radiographs must be completed using the provided practice manikins.
4. Four sets of 18 full mouth radiographs to be completed on your clinical patients.
CDC guidelines indicate that each student will need approximately the following PPE for the course:
- 8 disposable face masks, level 2 or higher
- 1 box of medical grade examination gloves appropriately fitted
- 3 disposable isolation gowns or two long sleeved, knee length disposable lab jackets
- Safety goggles or glasses with side shields
- Face Shield (optional)
We are offering personalized PPE packs for students at an additional fee. For more information please contact us at email@example.com
Didactic via ZoomDidactic (Lecture)
Didactic Via ZoomDidactic (Lecture)
Didactic Via Zoom
April 26th - May 1st