Dental X-Ray Licensure
Didactic home study Thu-5:30-9:30 Preclinical @ Rocklin location Fri-5:00-9:00 Preclinical @ Rocklin location Sat-Sun 9 am-6 pm PreClinical/Clinical @ Rocklin location
Time & Location
Nov 16, 5:30 PM – Nov 19, 6:00 PM
Nov. 16-19, Evening & Weekend , 6522 Lonetree Blvd, Rocklin, CA 95765, USA
About the Event
We are a California Dental Board-approved provider for the Dental X-Ray Licensure Course. This course meets all requirements to achieve the Dental X-Ray. It is suitable for any member of the dental community, as it benefits dental assistants, sterilization techs, front office staff, and out-of-state dental assistants looking to acquire their California RDA license. The program outline for Dental X-Ray includes 8 hours of didactic (lecture) instruction, 12 hours of pre-clinical instruction, and 12 hours of clinical experience with patients. The course is designed for the participants to complete and have their radiation certification by the end of the weekend.
The didactic portion includes anatomical landmarks related to dental radiology, radiology basics, infection control, radiology equipment, film mounting and interpretation basics, and technique basics. A written exam will be given at the conclusion of the didactic portion. The pre-clinical portion includes infection control, exposure to bitewing, periapical, bisecting, paralleling technique, processing films, and digital imaging. At California Dental Educators, we use the handheld NOMAD for exposure to X-rays. For clinical practice, you will expose two sets of 4 bitewings and three sets of 18 full-mouth series on a practice manikin. During the clinical patient portion, you will bring in four patients on a Saturday afternoon and Sunday of the course. Your patient criteria must meet requirements of no full mouth series, panoramic or cephalometric x-rays in the past year. All patients must have written permission from a licensed dentist.
We are dedicated to providing top-notch training from experienced instructors within the pediatric and adult RDA fields. Instructors are carefully selected for their unparalleled commitment to maintaining a current curriculum in line with the Dental Board of California, demonstrated leadership skills, 30+ years of experience in the dental community, and dedication to the education and advancement of each student.
- 8-hour Infection Control Certificate https://www.cadentaleducators.com/infection-contro
- 2-hour Dental Practice Act https://www.cadentaleducators.com/copy-of-dental-practice-act
- CPR/BLS by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association https://procprclasses.com/certification-classes/aha-bls-healthcare-cpr/
A link to our classes is provided if you do not have these prerequisites. If you have any questions about signing up for a class as a prerequisite, please reach out to me at (916) 287-3222.
- Written exam for Dental X-Ray must be completed with a passing score (this is given on the first day of pre-clinical)
- Two sets of 4 bitewings must be completed using the provided practice manikins at our Rocklin clinical location.
- Three sets of 18 full-mouth radiographs must be completed using the provided practice manikins at our Rocklin clinical location.
- Four sets of 18 full mouth radiographs are to be completed on your clinical patients, brought to our Rocklin clinical location on a Saturday afternoon and Sunday of class time.
CDC guidelines indicate that each student must wear all PPE. You will need approximately the following PPE for the course:
- 8 disposable face masks, level 2 or higher
- 1 box of medical-grade examination gloves appropriately fitted
- 3 disposable isolation gowns or lab jackets with cuffs and button or zipper front
- Safety goggles or glasses with side shields
- Face Shield (optional)
We are offering personalized PPE Kits for students at an additional fee. The kit will be waiting for you at the pre-clinical class. Click on the link to order your kit https://www.cadentaleducators.com/submit-prerequisites
Dental X-Ray Licensure
Nov 10, 11:50 PM
Tue - Wed 5:30-9:30 Via Online Thu-Fri 5:30-9:30 Preclinical @ Rocklin location Sat-Sun 9 am-6 pm Clinical @ Rocklin location