Pit & Fissure Sealant $575
One weekend course! Didactic (lecture) online Saturday, 9 am-6 pm our Rocklin location Sunday, 9 am-1 pm our location
Time & Location
Dec 02, 2023, 9:00 AM – Dec 03, 2023, 1:00 PM
6522 Lonetree Blvd, Rocklin, CA 95765, USA
About the Event
We are a California Dental Board approved provider for the Pit & Fissure Sealant Certification. This course meets all requirements to achieve the Pit and Fissure Sealant Certification for current RDAs and benefits dental assistants looking to take their RDA exam as well as out of state dental assistants looking to acquire their California RDA license. The program outline for Pit & Fissure Sealants includes 4 hours of didactic (Lecture) instruction via zoom or home study, 4 hours of pre-clinical instruction at our location in Rocklin, CA, and 8 hours of clinical experience with your 4 patients at our clinical location in Rocklin, CA. Our course is designed to provide the participant with their Pit and Fissure Certificate at the end of Sunday's class.
The didactic portion includes dental science, tooth morphology, microbiology, sealant basics, dental materials and pharmacology, sealant materials, sealant criteria, preparation of pit and fissure sealants, acid etching, sealant application, re-evaluation of pit and fissure sealants, and infection control. A written exam will be given at the conclusion of the didactic portion. The pre-clinical portion includes infection control, operatory and material set up, tooth preparation, moisture control, and placement of pit & fissure sealants on prepared typodont teeth. During the clinical patient portion, you will bring in four patients at specified times of the course date. Your patient criteria must meet requirements of at least; one non-carious, non-restored, natural tooth, sufficiently erupted in each quadrant for each of your four patients. The teeth can be either molars or premolars. Once the course has been completed and all competencies have been met, participants will receive a certificate in Pit and Fissure Sealants.
We are dedicated to providing top notch training from experienced instructors within the pediatric and adult RDA fields. Instructors are carefully selected for their unparalleled commitment to maintaining a current curriculum in line with the Dental Board of California, demonstrated leadership skills, 10+ years of experience in the dental community, and dedication to the education and advancement of each student.
This course provides 16 hours of CE units
1. Current CPR for healthcare providers issued by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association (no online classes per DBC)
2. Current RDA license
1. Dental assistant that has completed a board-approved course in coronal polish
2. 8 hours infection control certificate
3. 2 hour Dental Practice Act and
4. Experience in dental assisting chairside
1. Written exam for Pit and Fissure Sealant must be completed with a passing score of 75% or more.
2. One practice evaluation of pit and fissure sealant, one tooth in each quadrant, on typodont experience.
3. Four separate clinical experiences of pit and fissure sealants, one tooth in each quadrant, to be completed on your clinical patients.
CDC guidelines indicate that each student will need approximately the following PPE for the course:
- 8 disposable face masks, level 2 or higher
- 1 box of medical grade examination gloves appropriately fitted
- Lab coat or two long sleeved, knee length disposable lab jackets
- Safety goggles or glasses with side shields
- Face Shield (optional)
If you do not have access to PPE you can get a kit here https://www.cadentaleducators.com/submit-prerequisites
Your kit will be waiting for you at the pre-clinical location.