Pit & Fissure Sealant Certification
April 22, 2022 - April 24, 2022
Time & Location
Apr 22, 2022, 5:30 PM – Apr 24, 2022, 1:00 PM
Clinical Location, 6522 Lonetree Blvd, Rocklin, CA 95765, USA
About the Event
We are a California Dental Board approved provider for the Pit & Fissure Sealant Certification. This course meets all requirements to achieve the Pit and Fissure Sealant Certification for current RDAs and benefits dental assistants looking to take their RDA exam as well as out of state dental assistants looking to acquire their California RDA license. The program outline for Pit & Fissure Sealants includes 4 hours of didactic instruction, 4 hours of laboratory instruction, and 8 hours of clinical experience with patients. The didactic portion includes dental science, tooth morphology, microbiology, sealant basics, dental materials and pharmacology, sealant materials, sealant criteria, preparation of pit and fissure sealants, acid etching, sealant application, re-evaluation of pit and fissure sealants, and infection control. A written exam will be given at the conclusion of the didactic portion. The laboratory portion includes infection control, operatory and material set up, tooth preparation, moisture control, and placement of pit & fissure sealants on prepared typodont teeth. During the clinical patient portion you will bring in four patients at specified times of the course date. Your patient criteria must meet requirements of at least; one non-carious, non-restored, natural tooth, sufficiently erupted in each quadrant for each of your four patients. Once the course has been completed and all competencies have been met, participants will receive a certificate in Pit and Fissure Sealants. We are dedicated to providing top notch training from experienced instructors within the pediatric and adult RDA fields. Instructors are carefully selected for their unparalleled commitment to maintaining a current curriculum in line with the Dental Board of California, demonstrated leadership skills, 10+ years of experience in the dental community, and dedication to the education and advancement of each student.
This course provides 16 hours of CE units
1. Current CPR for healthcare providers issued by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association
2. Current RDA license or a dental assistant that has completed a board approved course in coronal polish, 8 hours infection control, 2 hour Dental Practice Act and experience in dental assisting chairside
1. Written exam for Pit and Fissure Sealant must be completed with a passing score.
2. One practice evaluations on typodont
3. Four separate clinical experiences of pit and fissure to be completed on your clinical patients.
CDC guidelines indicate that each student will need approximately the following PPE for the course:
- 8 disposable face masks, level 2 or higher
- 1 box of medical grade examination gloves appropriately fitted
- 2 disposable isolation gowns or two long sleeved, knee length disposable lab jackets
- Safety goggles or glasses with side shields
- Face Shield (optional)
We are offering personalized PPE packs for students at an additional fee. For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pit & Fissure
Didactic Via Zoom$550.00
Pit & Fissure