top of page
Mountain Ridge

Dental Assisting Road Map

Before you start working, or if you have already started working at any dental office, you must obtain specific certifications. If you are already employed and have been in continuous employment for 120 days or more, you should have completed all of the following within a year Healthcare BLS certification, 2 unit dental practice act, and an 8-hour infection control course. If you or your employees do not have these we can help get you in compliance with the dental board regulations.

At California Dental Educators, you can tailor your continued education to suit your needs. We offer career advancement courses to those wanting to join the dental field, including dental assistants, registered dental assistants, registered dental hygienists, and even dentists.

  • Radiation Safety- Dental assistants can complete this course to be certified to take dental X-rays

  • *Pathway to RDA- Our Pathway to RDA Program offers you a clear and easy pathway to our 15-month program that incorporates the approved courses from our core menu along with in-office training and sponsorship of your dentist to achieve the 15 months and 1280 combined work experience and coursework hours. You can then apply with the Dental Board of California for the RDA written exam. 

    • Core courses include 8-Hour Infection Control, Dental Practice Act, Radiation Safety, Coronal Polish, and Pit & Fissure Sealants,

  •  Mandatory CE provider for the 2 CE California Dental Practice Act and 2 CE Infection Control for all licensure renewals. Mandatory provider# RP588

* This program can be a tax-deductible write-off for doctors who pay in full to sponsor their employees' education. 

bottom of page