top of page
Mountain Ridge

Dental Assisting Road Map

Begin Your Career in Dental Assisting as Soon as Tomorrow!

Before you start working, or if you have already started working at any dental office, you must obtain specific certifications. Suppose you are already employed and have been in continuous employment for 120 days or more. In that case, you should have completed all of the following within a year of work: BLS/CPR certification, 2 unit dental practice act, and an 8-hour infection control course.
At California Dental Educators, you can tailor your continued education to suit your needs. We offer career advancement courses to those wanting to join the dental field, including dental assistants, registered dental hygienists, and even dentists.
  • Radiation Safety- Complete this course to be licensed to take dental X-rays
  • *Pathway to RDA (RDA)- Be able to perform duties such as coronal polish, applying pit and fissure sealants, taking x-rays, and much more. After 15 months and at least 1280 combined work experience and coursework hours, you can apply with the Dental Board of California for the RDA written exam. 
    • Total courses  include 8-Hour Infection Control, Dental Practice Act, Radiation Safety, Coronal Polish, and Pit & Fissure Sealants,
  • Orthodontic Assistant- Focus your education in orthodontics by obtaining an Orthodontic Assistant Permit
Our Pathway to RDA Program offers a clear and accessible pathway incorporating our approved mandatory courses by the California Dental Board (RP-5888) and in-office training to achieve Registered Dental Assistant certification in as little as 15 months. * This program can be a tax-deductible write-off for doctors who pay in full to sponsor their employees' education. 
bottom of page